[Oberon] Oberon 2 compiler for RISC5

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sun Nov 18 08:05:07 CET 2018

Chris:

  I vividly remember using Turbo Pascal 4.0 and 5.0 which essentially were Modula-2, or very close to it. I used TP with great success on an 8 MHz PC Turbo with 640 kB of RAM. I had two floppy drives in my computer, one 360 kB and the other 1.2 MB. I used the latter as my system disk where I had DOS and all my Norton utilities and the Turbo Pascal system. Compilation time was blazing fast.

I also remember using Professional Fortran on the same system. It was quite OK though it was not running under an IDE.

>"The MacMETH system requires at least a 512 kByte Macintosh and runs on all
>Macintosh models up to the Quadra. For serious program development, 1 MB of
>RAM and an external drive or preferably a hard disk is recommended." That's
>more like it :)

Long live GNU, anyway.

Wojtek