[Oberon] PO2013 - Oberon mouse location

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:23:08 CET 2018

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 at 12:53, Paul Reed <paulreed at paddedcell.com> wrote:

> Also I'd be concerned about using a user interface which moves the mouse,
> not very friendly and slightly creepy! :)

One of the idiosyncrasies  of RISC OS (former Acorn product, the
original ARM OS) is that when it requires you to make a choice in a
dialog box, rather than just making the dialog modal (i.e. so that you
can't click on any other items on the screen), it constrains the mouse
pointer to the dialog. So you can only move around within the dialog
until you choose what to do.

Simple and effective, but startling...