[Oberon] PO2013 - Oberon mouse location

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Nov 21 17:08:48 CET 2018

Joerg:

>Input.Mod (as is) is unfortunately not prepared to re-play neither keyboard
>strokes nor mouse movements.
>Re-play functionality would allow to remote-control the Oberon system.
>Implementing a hook in Input.Mod to do so would be possible....

A remote Oberon desktop would be very interesting. This would require a remote Display. How to approach it? I can see three problems:

1. Display is memory-mapped in local memory frame buffer which is tightly integrated both hardware and software-wise. How to move this to a remote computer?

2. Mouse is a low bandwidth peripheral. Graphics is high bandwidth. How to remap graphics to a remote machine w/o consuming a lot of bandwidth?

3. Security.

Any thoughts?

Wojtek