[Oberon] Question on ORG.SaveRegs / ORG.RestoreRegs in the FPGA Oberon compiler

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 10:00:32 CET 2018

   > Is the information in Section '12.7.7. Procedures' of the Project Oberon 2013
   > relevant to your question? If so, is it incorrect or insufficient to answer your question?

I believe it is insufficient for the average student, and a little hard to teach without
additional visuals. However, a small table with the various possibilities for procedures,
e.g. procedure variables, with corresponding values of x.mode usually clarifies things..

It can be debated whether this is necessary. The book is terse, every sentence is
important, requiring a careful study. A sufficiently diligent reader will figure things
out from what its in the book (and/or ask the question in a forum to confirm..),
so one can always argue “as long as you read the book..carefully”

It’s really a minor comment !! It’s just one of the VERY few areas, where the
terseness in the description went, in my view, a tick too far..