[Oberon] Location and name for percent encoding.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Dec 30 19:05:50 CET 2018

Hi,

I want to make percent en/decoding procedures publicly available but
need some advice about location and name.
Ref. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

Base64, BinHex and Rot13 is each in a dedicated module. Therefore a
dedicated module for percent encoding is reasonable.  Any argument to
add the procedures to an existing module?

Assuming a dedicated module, what is a good name? I've contemplated
these possibilities.

"Percent" is too non-descript for the module name.  A reader will wonder
whether it is subordinate to a calculation.

"PercentCode" or "PercentEncode" also possible.  A command would be
PercentCode.Encode(...) or PercentEncode.Encode(...).  Somewhat
cumbersome but the meaning is blatant.

"URLcoding" or "URLencoding".  According to the Wikipedia article,
correct terminology. A command would be URLcoding.Encode(...).
Technically correct but "URL" doesn't relate to  the notation.  "Percent"
does.

Better possibilities?  Other ideas?

Thanks,                                    ... Lyall E.

--
Message composed and transmitted by software designed to avoid the
complication, overhead and vulnerability of antivirus software.

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                                  +1
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca