[Oberon] Oberon for Android?

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Jan 3 06:00:18 CET 2019

> ... Android ...

Android is for a consumer appliance; a cell phone or tablet.
For the external SD card, Android  recognizes only a FAT filesystem;
whereas EXT2 or EXT4 is preferable for A2. If that constraint is ever
relaxed, a firstclass A2 app might be more worthwhile.

> ... for x86 versions.

I don't understand.  Android on a PC?

> ... if olr can access eg. ET.Open /<PATH>/<FileName> ?

I can't answer about olr.  The Oberon subsystem in LinuxA2 certainly has
access to the host filesystem.
System.Directory  /etc/udev/* ~ gives
/etc/udev/hwdb.d
/etc/udev/rules.d
/etc/udev/udev.conf
.

ET.OpenAscii /etc/udev/udev.conf gives
# see udev.conf(5) for details
#
# udevd is started in the initramfs, so when this file is modified the
# initramfs should be rebuilt.
  ... .

So yes, you can "edit" any file.  Subject to permissions of course.
An ordinary user can read /etc/udev/udev.conf with ET.OpenAscii; not change it.

> I'm interested in any
> progress on porting Oberon-family systems to that monster.

Why not LinuxA2 on a desktop or laptop?  Why Android?

Regards,                ... Lyall E.

--
Message composed and transmitted by software designed to avoid the
complication, overhead and vulnerability of antivirus software.

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                                  +1
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca