[Oberon] Re (2): Other CONST.

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Jan 7 02:54:53 CET 2019

Peter:

About the emulator:

> He declined to give it enough memory for S3 or V4;  but possible
> ... for someone who knows what he's doing; which I don't.

This is a very interesting remark. Being able to declare more memory would allow to develop a particular System and it applications, and then asses how much memory is really needed to run it on real hardware. The FPGA board can be then developed according to known memory requirements without guesswork.

A good example might be a full Oberon-2 compiler for RISC5, either Wirthian or OP2. How much memory does it really need to compile realistic programs, like V4 or S3? This could be determined under the emulator.

Wojtek