[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): The Out module.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sat Jan 12 05:17:24 CET 2019

From:	=?utf-8?Q?J=C3=B6rg_Straube?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Fri, 11 Jan 2019 17:57:41 +0100
> This command
> is relatively „expensive“ (CPU wise and memory wise) as it checks
> all visible windows, whether the text has to be displayed, and
> refreshes the window if it found a window where the buffer is visible.

The broadcast to all visible windows hadn't registered until you
mentioned it.

> If you heavily use „Out“ for debugging reasons you sooner or later
> run out of memory as Append is an „expensive“ operation and the
> garbage collector only runs in idle mode.

Thanks for the warning.

> Therfore, I optimized „Out“ a bit: the new default behaviour is
> that Append is delayed until the next Out.Ln. But you can fall back to
> the „old“ Out behaviour with the new command Out.Immediate(TRUE)
> if you wish to do so.

Will try to make that change.  Thanks,                ... Lyall E.

--
Message composed and transmitted by software designed to avoid the
complication, overhead and vulnerability of antivirus software.

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                                  +1
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca