[Oberon] Re (2): The Out module.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Tue Jan 15 05:21:17 CET 2019

From:	Chris Burrows <chris at cfbsoftware.com>
Date:	Mon, 14 Jan 2019 07:16:50 +1030
> Which version of Oberon are you using?

At the time, it was Active Oberon, working in the Oberon sub-system in A2.

> Be aware that in Oberon-07 variables are now exported as read-only.

Thanks.  Forgot about that.  Fixed in V5 using procedure
variables.  https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/V5
Seems devious but it compiles.  Out.Open works but haven't tested
further.  I'm interested to read any comments about the use of
procedure variables.

From:	=?utf-8?Q?J=C3=B6rg_Straube?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Tue, 15 Jan 2019 01:44:51 +0100
> ... can not be compiled with an
> Oberon-07 compiler as you are using contexts („IN Oberon“).

The first repair after moving into V5.

> Officially, LONGREALs are not supported in Oberon-07. So you would
> have to delete the procedures handling LONGREALs. Inofficially the
> compiler will accept them, but will treat them like REALs.

Made the Active Oberon procedures redunant to the Oberon-07
procedures.

Thanks,                   ... Lyall E.

--
Message composed and transmitted by software designed to avoid the
complication, overhead and vulnerability of antivirus software.

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                                  +1
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca