[Oberon] Re (2): Anonymous procedure?

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Jan 18 05:45:40 CET 2019

From:	"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu>
Date:	Fri, 18 Jan 2019 02:35:39 +0000
> What is the motivation?

Deferring.

> If I am not mistaken, you can assign NIL, which becomes an anonymous
> procedure which stops the execution when called. Is this what you
> need?

The problem is to assign an unnamed procedure to a named procedure
variable.  The assigned procedure can do any calculation.  The
calculation is not a concern.

You can see two potential examples in the first 4 procedures here.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/V5/Out.Mod

Is there a way to create procedures AppendImmediate() and
AppendDelayed() without names A and Null?  Procedures A() and Null are
needed; names A and Null are not.

> ... stops the execution when called.

In general, procedure X should execute to END X.  Abort is a special
case.

Thanks,                      ... Lyall E.

--
Message composed and transmitted by software designed to avoid the
complication, overhead and vulnerability of antivirus software.

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                                  +1
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca