[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): ISO image for A2 installer.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Feb 11 15:18:41 CET 2019

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:55:32 +0100
> Your threading seems to be broken to me, in Gmail. Each reply starts a
> new thread.

>From observations of Debian mailing lists, threading is based on the
References in the header. When a MUA composes a reply, the References
and Message-ID of the message replied to, are concatenated and
included as the new References in the header of the new message.  Mail
in S3 and in A2O (my name for the Oberon subsystem in A2) doesn't do
that.  Likely this is why threading is absent.  References can be
included manually; I've done that in this reply. Hopefully you see the
connection to your message. (?)

Adding References handling to Mail is possible and worth doing.  It's
now on my mental list of required bug-fixes.  Currently I'm working on
another bug and won't be fixing threading this week.

> My understanding at the moment is that ETH has released newer source
> snapshots than any existing compiled build that is out there, but the
> knowledge of how to build them is lacking in the tiny FOSS community
> for Oberon. :-(

About three years ago instructions here worked.  Haven't tried since.
http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Development/Builds

At least once I upgraded an installation, forgot to look for changes in
Configuration.XML and wondered why something no longer worked.
For example there was a new parameter in Fox for memory address
width and the default was added to Configuration.XML.  With the old
Configuration.XML, without the new parameter, Fox didn't work as
expected.  CONCLUSION: compare old configurations  to the latest in
the repository.

I have to stay focussed on this one bug-fix until it's finished.  Then
I might think about A2 again.  Obviously instructions should be added
to the wikibook.

Regards,                           ... Lyall E.

--
Message composed and transmitted by software designed to avoid the
complication and vulnerability of antivirus software.

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                                  +1
http://easthope.ca/Peter.html              Bcc: peter at easthope. ca