[Oberon] Size of LONGINT in ETHOberon

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Wed Feb 13 11:23:51 CET 2019

Not that I'm aware of.

Remember: The Windows Plugin is not the Oberon OS itself. It "just" enables the Oberon OS to run virtualized on top of Windows. You could call this Windows plugin an "Oberon emulator", sitting between the Windows OS and the Oberon OS. The stack looks like this:
Basically the plugin needs mouse, keyboard, file and display support from Windows; this interface towards (or needed functionality of) the underlying OS is rather "thin".

The difference of previous Windows Vista and Windows 10 is more in the Windows user interface, the look and feel, colors, schemes and so on.
The base functionality to run the Oberon emulator hasn't changed much. As the ETHplugin (=Oberon emulator) still works on Windows 10, seems to support this view.

In my point of view a "new" emulator is barely needed.
What functionality would you expect from a new emulator?

br
Jörg