[Oberon] Resend: Re: Risc-5 Instructions statistics

Walter Gallegos waltergallegos at vera.com.uy
Sun Feb 17 03:26:57 CET 2019

Hi Paul,

In the general picture I agree, the evil is in the details.

Implementing a general propose microprocessor system alone in FPGA is
impractical beyond the research or ASIC prototypes. For industrial
applications the microprocessor must coexist with some special hardware
that justifies the use of FPGA. In this environment, wasting DSP blocks
could be a not recommended technique.

Regards

Walter