[Oberon] System-V - Frame Clipping

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Mon Mar 4 09:22:18 CET 2019

Hi Joerg,

Realising the task is not an easy one, especially for me, not
being a HW man. That already contradicts to PO2013 spirit, getting it
simple.

But actually in SW I am toying with simple graph primitives because of
`DIY DLogs'.

>Before implementing clipping in HW you would have to implement these
>primitives in HW.

Did you mean these primitives implemented in SW [HW], to clip them in
HW?

My naive idea of HW clip would be, to populate HW registers with F.X,
F.Y, F.X+F.W, F.Y+F.H.

Then some `magic' address calculation blocks will let through to
display buffer only certain mem access. Nothing to be drawn outside
bounds.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>