[Oberon] What is the status of Lola-2 and its use in the FPGA version of Project Oberon?

rochus.keller at bluewin.ch rochus.keller at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 16 23:53:45 CET 2019

@ Pablo Cayuela

Thank you again for this useful information; I very much appreciate the support of this forum.

I will have a look at the documents. The ones about Lola-1 were already helpful to better understand the ideas behind it. Currently I'm implementing a Qt Creator plugin for Lola-2 based on my VerilogCreator plugin; I will probably also add support for Lola-1 later to be able to experiment with both versions. Actually I wasn't aware at all that Prof. Wirth was so far into digital design with FPGAs already at that time and even wrote a book about it for computer science students.

Best
R.