[Oberon] LolaCreator: a Lola-2 IDE based on Qt Creator

rochus.keller at bluewin.ch rochus.keller at bluewin.ch
Fri Mar 22 13:11:13 CET 2019

@ Paul Reed

> The tools are complex in their behaviour.
Sure they are; also the Lola-2 code of the Risc5 processor by Prof. Wirth is complex. Complexity per se does not hinder predictability; this is rather in the eye of the beholder. It also depends on the definition of "predictability". A simulated annealing based algorithm is per definition unpredictable because it includes random parts; in contrast technology mapping and logic minimization are (mostly) deterministic algorithms even accessible to formal verification methods. But that's exactly something I want to find out with my implementation: does Lola-2 really support a simpler, more deterministic and less error prone workflow than Verilog.

Best
R.