[Oberon] SystemV - Random Number

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sat Mar 23 01:01:30 CET 2019

Chris:

  if this work is done with the FPGA, it is also possible to use the firmware to generate a pseudo-random number sequence. See Xilinx Application Note XAPP884 (v1.0) January 10, 2011, "An Attribute-Programmable PRBS Generator and Checker" by Daniele Riccardi and Paolo Novellini. They provide both the VHDL and Verilog implementations, a rudimentary discussion, and references. You can find XAPP884 by searching Xilinx.

Another good source of information is Chill by Robert Campbel, available from Component Pascal Collection.