[Oberon] Assumed issue in the Lola-2 compiler

rochus.keller at bluewin.ch rochus.keller at bluewin.ch
Mon Apr 15 12:31:57 CEST 2019

@ Paul Reed:

>> The result of x [= -1] DIV 10H is -1, because it is implemented as an
>> arithmetic shift right, in turn because the divisor is a constant power of two.

Thank you for the clarification. Is there a formal specification somewhere of how the DIV operator exactly works? I read quite a lot of stuff about Oberon but didn't find an indication so far that "-1 DIV 16 = -1". Can you give me a hint please where I can find a complete specification, a value table or at least a reference implementation?

Best
R.K.