[Oberon] looking for link/reference to interview: program verfication in an undergraduate course

Frans-Pieter Vonck fp at vonck.nl
Wed Jul 3 10:32:42 CEST 2019

Thank you, Chris.

My concept of A code walkthrough, like livecodeing, is that is a
monological excercise.

What I remember from the interview is that the code was reviewed in a
dialogical setting, a "question and answer" structure.
And that the verfication dialogue was also a method of learning how to
program.

I saw an interesting article in russian about programming education
using Galperin learning method.
Galperin's instructional method was populair in the Netherlands until
the mid eighties.

Oboukhova L. F. , Porshnev A. V. , Porshneva E. R. , Gaponova S. A.
Constructing a computer instruction program on the basis of P. Ya.
Galperin's theory

I did not found the article yet, but it seems that learning to program
can be approached as learning a second natural language.

That leads to an puzzling question. Does one needs to learn russian,
before learning how to program?

This is actually true for astronauts who want to travel to the ISS.
And descend safely to earth in a Soyouz capsule.

Greets,
Frans-Pieter Vonck