[Oberon] File comparison in V5.

Joerg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Tue Aug 6 13:54:08 CEST 2019

Hi

The issue with diff as we know it from eg Unix is, that they expect ASCII texts.
As Oberon texts are more than pure ASCII files. (they store font info and can potentiall store other elements like colors, dates, different versions, fold elems...) an Oberon diff is the better approach.
As analogy: See Oberon texts as Word docs. You can’t easily take an Unix diff and compare two Word documents with it.

I have a draft version of diff working on ProjectOberon. But it is not yet in a state I can distribute. BTW: I did not reuse S3 source, wrote it from scratch

br
Jörg