[Oberon] PO2013 - MasterMind - Surreal Numbers

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Sun Oct 20 10:58:15 CEST 2019

Hi,

FPGA Oberon is certainly not a famous gaming platform, but I wish to
port MasterMind game, the sources I took from other Oberons.

`MasterMind.Mod'
`MasterMindG.Mod'

G-variant offers a computer solution, that I am more interested in. I
have read some articles on Surreal Numbers and combinatorial games, I
I only half understood.

I learnt for some games a winning strategy exists, the one I
experimented with is `Marienbad', reduced variant of `Go'.

Now back to MasterMind, looking for some analogy and strategies. I can
imagine a solution criteria can be based on minimum number of guesses.
But I prefer simplicity, so just a solution, even non-optimal one but
simple may be better for clarity.

Looking into the code, I need help in understanding the strategy used
there.

It might be also interesting, to see, if a solution can exist in
the domain of Surreal Numbers.

I am not maths talent, but hoping this may caught some attention of
mathematical minded people here.

Can anyone please help?

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>