[Oberon] Re (2): Question about Oberon semantics of VAR parameters

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Dec 9 17:09:31 CET 2019

From:	"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu>
Date:	Mon, 9 Dec 2019 04:43:07 +0000
> I propose that the compiler documentation should always provide a
> chapter "All undocumented features of this compiler -  please delete
> this file before opening it".

Certainly the likelihood of use of a feature can be improved by
documentation; and complete and correct documentation written by the
original author of a software is ideal.   =8~)  Unfortunately we inhabit a
non-ideal universe.  =8~(

Wikis To The Rescue!
(Yes, somewhat but not entirely facetious.)
A wiki allows wide participation.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

You have decades of experience with these systems. Imagine
difficulties faced by novices.

If J. Doe encounters a difficulty and resolves it, he or she is well
placed to contribute to a wiki.  These are at the disposal of Oberon
people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon_(operating_system)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebottle_OS
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon

Also, the ETHZ site allowing discussion and bug resolution.
http://cas.inf.ethz.ch/projects/a2/

If a generous person can spare a little time, the discussion of types,
threshed out in the last 24 hours, can fit here.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon
Or here.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/V5

Regards,                             ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca