[Oberon] Oberon System emulator for Windows

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Feb 11 00:54:38 CET 2020

I have a small bunch of the emulator questions.

1. Is it possible to change the colors from white-on-grey to white-on-black, or the reverse black-on-white?

2. Is a color display available with at least a few colors like red, green, blue in order to mark the text with colors?

3. Are the official Text and Mod file formats pure ASCII as it is the case under the FPGA Oberon? Are the Oberon Text supported with fonts and colors?

Concerning #1 and #2, I am not willing to dive into recompiling the emulator whose documentation is quite clearly discouraging this kind of endeavor. I only wonder what is available. I would like to use the emulator as a tool and I am wondering whether it can be brought a bit towards the old V4 where I could use colors and fonts, and whose display was quite legible.

Thank you,
Wojtek