[Oberon] Oberon System emulator for Windows

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:37:51 CET 2020

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 00:15, Skulski, Wojciech
<skulski at pas.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Since Oberon FPGA boards are all gone from the market, this emulator is providing the only development base until new FPGA boards eventually appear. It is both bad and good. Bad because it would make sense to actually run the system on a board. Good because the emulator cost compares quite favorably with a cost of the eventual board.

Although I wrote about them  on the Register, the emulators and FPGA
are not my main interest.

(I'd like to get it running natively on Raspberry Pi.)

But would it be worth investigating if it might be possible to adapt
the softcore to one of the mass-market FPGA hobbyist machines? That
might be easier.

Examples:

• MiST -- https://amigastore.eu/en/358-mist-midi-fpga-computer-with-midi-add-on.html

• Its successor, MiSTer -- https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki