[Oberon] Oberon System emulator for Windows

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Feb 12 03:31:55 CET 2020

Michael:

  thanks a lot! This is great! So now I have a couple options. Fantastic. Your emulator is closer to the Extended Oberon System development system than the BlackBox emulator. I am glad that there is color because it is a great way of marking the areas to be worked upon. My first pass through all the Oberon sources consisted of highlighting all these strange numbers like "12", "24", or the hex memory constants. I started to discern the coding patterns about half way through the system. Then I could mark the proposed modifications, still without changing anything. Finally, I could substitute the hard coded numbers with symbolic names. All of this would be impossible for me without being able to highlight the problem areas with colors.

I feel more optimistic now than I felt a couple hours ago! Thanks a lot!

Wojtek

PS: Using XP should not be that strange when trying to resuscitate the Oberon software from 30 years ago.