[Oberon] Initial value of variables, where specified?

rochus.keller at bluewin.ch rochus.keller at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 12 21:39:07 CET 2020

@ Joerg Straube

Ok, I see, thanks. I will modify my code generator accordingly.

@ Chris Burrows

Thank you for the hint. I leave it up to the designer of the language what should be initialized automatically. Since Oberon is garbage collected, at least the pointers will likely be initialized with NIL. I was just a bit surprised that the Oberon system seems to rely on initializations, although these are not specified in the Language Report.

Best
R.