[Oberon] Coding practice

Hans Klaver hklaver at dds.nl
Fri Feb 21 22:57:51 CET 2020

As I found this Omi document Programming Conventions very useful and instructive for
Oberon and Component Pascal programmers, deserving wider circulation, a few
years ago I made a .pdf document of it (by means of 'printing to PDF'), which can
be found here: https://hansklav.home.xs4all.nl/oberon.shtml <https://hansklav.home.xs4all.nl/oberon.shtml>

There you can also find a link to a document that deserves to be better accessable
to the Project Oberon community: the book The Oberon System, User Guide and
Programmer's Manual, by Martin Reiser. This is the first volume of the 'Oberon Trilogy',
describing an early (1990) version of the Oberon System in a very clear and informative
way, imho still useful for the present Project Oberon 2013 user and programmer.

The .pdf file resides on the oberoncore.ru <http://oberoncore.ru/> website.

I own a hardcopy of this book, which I bought in 1991 and which sparked my interest
in Oberon. Not only is it very well written but it is the book with the most attractive lay-out
of all Oberon books!

--
Hans Klaver