[Oberon] BootManager.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Mar 22 23:37:56 CET 2020

Hi,

To my understanding, Andre Fischer wrote the original BootManager; the
executable for which is now in the ETHZ SVN archive.
https://svn-dept.inf.ethz.ch/svn/lecturers/a2/trunk/source/

Documentation formerly on the OCP server is now  available from
WayBack.
https://web.archive.org/web/20151127045022/http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/BootManager
Most likely it was written by Andre.  Hopefully someone can confirm or
correct that statement.

The executable should work on any PC where A2 works.  It worked for S3
and should work as well for V4. For a Unix-like system, chain loading
can be applied.

I appreciate that WayBack prevents loss of the document but don't
consider it a good permanent home. I'm tempted to add it to the
wikibook, with appropriate acknowledgement of course. Any comments
about that?  Can anyone confirm the author?

Thanks!                      ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon