[Oberon] Easter eggs in Oberon

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Apr 13 18:00:50 CEST 2020

Joerg:

we are still struggling with the distinction between an integer number and a bit pattern. The internal representation of an integer number should be immaterial as long as it implements math. The internal representation of the bit pattern is paramount because its main goal is transmission, hardware control, and turning bits on/off. The bit patterns need not implement math. Using math operators to manipulate bits is pervert.

It would be better / cleaner if bits patterns were used for bit manipulations, and integers were for math and for enumerations.

Wojtek