[Oberon] Negative integer literals in Oberon

August Karlstrom fusionfile at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 00:17:23 CEST 2020

On 2020-04-25 18:56, Joerg wrote:
> I have a clear opinion on this: it is allowed. But we had a kind of
> similar case a few days back when I was attacked to allow b := -1;

The language report doesn't say anything about the range of the basic
types with the exception of BYTE which is defined as the integers
between 0 and 255. Therefor it is implementation-dependent whether or
not an integer can be assigned 90909090H. On the other hand it seems
reasonable to reject the statement b := -1.

-- August