[Oberon] Negative integer literals in Oberon

Joerg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Mon Apr 27 19:15:35 CEST 2020

You can enrich the current Oberon system with new HW, but compatibility and flexibility is a little bit missing in the current form.

A modular driver architecture is missing. I’m looking into this, how this could be done. By introducing this new driver architecture responsible for one piece of HW, the idea of SysDef.Mod is taken one step further to split it in smaller modular parts.

Having all constants at one place like SysDef.Mod is good and bad. Good is that you see all relevant HW related constant definition at one place. But if you want to change one part of  it, you have to recompile the whole system, even modules not influenced by the change at all.

br
Jörg