[Oberon] Interfacing with Foreign Systems (was: Negative integer literals in Oberon)

Jan de Kruyf jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 23:58:02 CEST 2020

August:
Gcc is a big beast and full of deceit, but there are an awful lot of people
working on it. As a result Gcc generally knows about the latest hardware
available. Also crosscompiler tool chain building is pretty well
standarized. So provided it has the input language you want to use, you
generally can rig up a tool chain almost semi automatically. It just takes
some time recompiling the beast and the utilities.

Guy:
Linux on a fast Arm chip works reasonably well, but for slow Arm
controllers and small fry a bare metal solution works much much better.
For hi level peripherals one can use the manufacturer provided libraries
via a binding if needed. Just as you are trying to do, except that in your
case the library is proprietary.

J.