[Oberon] Development boards

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sat May 2 04:05:45 CEST 2020

Is hardware really an issue?  Is FPGA essential?

From:	"Chris Burrows" <chris at cfbsoftware.com>
Date:	Sat, 2 May 2020 09:27:27 +0930
> It is prudent to be concerned that hardware is going to survive for a =
> reasonable amount of time. So much appears suddenly and disappears just =
> as quickly that it is difficult to keep track.

ITX based systems are fairly small and low powered.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pico-ITX
S3 and A2 remain available.  That technology should provide an
adequate basis for many embedded systems and control systems.

From:	"Guy T." <turgu666 at gmail.com>
Date:	Fri, 1 May 2020 18:17:13 -0400
> Maybe the solution is to follow two tracks: An FPGA based solution and a =
> commercial board based solution (read: Raspberry Pi and/or BlackBerry =
> like boards).

>From my ignorant view, memory is the worse obstacle to use of
something such as a Pi.  Can SRAM or ZBT be connected through the
GPIO?  Then ignore the DDR memory.

Regards,                              ... Lyall E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon