[Oberon] Development boards (was: Interfacing with Foreign Systems)

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 09:31:24 CEST 2020

    > It is prudent to be concerned that hardware is going to survive for a reasonable amount of time.
    > So much appears suddenly and disappears just as quickly that it is difficult to keep track.

I have made similar experiences. I ordered one of the earlier (crowd-funded) development boards
that were out there for RISC-V, started working with it, only to see it disappear in a few short months.
My work in porting the compiler was not lost, but having to look out for new boards every X months
is a bit painful indeed.. but one day there will be boards that have a longer lifetime, surely.