[Oberon] Type compatibility in Oberon

Guy T. turgu666 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 15:39:44 CEST 2020

I’m currently implementing 64 bits LONGINT on a 32 bits processor. Main reason is related to the internal clock micro-seconds information returned by the hardware using 64 bits. I’m using “L” suffix to supply LONGINT hexadecimal constant values. When a decimal constant is defined, if it is too big to fit in an INTEGER, it is then considered to be a LONGINT. A decimal LONGINT constant cannot be negative unless it is part of an expression in the declaration (from the parsing process in the compiler expression() function).

LONGINT implementation on a 32bit CPU is a good challenge but doable…

Guy