[Oberon] Pascal History (was: Integer subranges)

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Wed May 6 07:23:57 CEST 2020

There are some more historical Pascal-related goodies here Including the
source code of the CDC Pascal compiler dated Nov 1972.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/eth/pascal/

The Pascal User's Group / Pascal Newsletters from Jan 1974 to Nov 1983 also
provide a good historical record of the progress of Pascal activities at the
time.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/pascalNews/

I used the CDC 6000 Pascal compiler as part of my job as an application
programmer in the Sydney University Computing Centre in the late 70's. One
of my responsibilities was to support the distribution of the Pascal-P
Compiler (on 1200 / 2400 ft magnetic tape reels) to Universities in the
Southern Hemisphere.

Cheers,
Chris