[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Audit of Oberon.QuotedPrintable.Mod .

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun May 10 01:56:42 CEST 2020

From:	Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de>
Date:	Sun, 10 May 2020 01:03:05 +0200
> I am confused why it first reads and then writes.

Might have been an earlier implementation where just one
character was read and then written.

> If you swap those
> statements so that it writes c before reading ch, you won't have
> problems with incorrect EOT.

Thanks!  There is a critically important point I missed.
As the code stands, the condition (R.lib IS Fonts.Font) is from reading ch whereas
it is needed for c.  Yes, appears the write should precede the read.

> ... in case you have an
> incomplete quoted pair at the end of the input.

Will think about that case in the morning.

> ... the EOT check makes
> sense (either here or in the caller code that parses the quoted pair).

R.eot is checked in the caller already.

I need to review the whole thing in the morning.

Thanks!               ... L.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon