[Oberon] Standalone BootLoader format

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 18:56:06 CEST 2020

   > R13 reserved: static base (base address for module variables); or unused

Alternatively, one could just eliminate that line altogether and and introduce yet
another “change the world” modification - not recommended - by changing ORG

from:

   MT = 12; SP = 14; LNK = 15;   (*dedicated registers*)

   MT = 13; SP = 14; LNK = 15;   (*dedicated registers*)

However, then one would again have to make a myriad of tiny changes in several
other modules (whereever MT is hardcoded), such as Modules, ORL, etc. Also, the
bootloader would contain code that is not useful, etc. So this is not really an option..

… oh.. and also adapt the book :(

=> so let’s forget about that.

PS: In Extended Oberon, I had no such inhibitions. There. I have not only eliminated
the concept of a SB register altogether, but also the concept of a MT register and
with it the module table starting at MTOrg..