[Oberon] Standalone BootLoader format

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Fri May 15 14:47:49 CEST 2020

On Fri, 15 May 2020 12:45:05 +0200
Andreas Pirklbauer <andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ah! You are right. In earlier version of module ORP, dc was indeed
> initialized to 0, not 8

And that was also a source of my confusion. You were referring to
code[2..7] for globals, while in the assembly I was seeing code[0..7]
here.

I can have 8 in total, at the expense of overwriting code[0] containing
B7, right? For serial boot it possibly does not matter, also the
relative module code could be loaded anywhere else in mem, leaving upper
code[0..] part for globals, as you explained.

Perhaps code[0] := B7, could be restored?

But I have Oberon-0 (thanks to kind and patient advise here in the
list), and that treats globals past the end of code onwards..

Oberon-0 (2013) for me is an excellent start, how to introduce RIC5.
OR*, Regular Oberon, is then next challenge.

OR* = regular,
OS* = standalone ???

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>