[Oberon] HDMI question

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon May 18 01:22:49 CEST 2020

> OK then I'd say it's best to spend a little ¢ to
> place the transciever and inside will be a circuit
> to fit the spec

The TMDS redriver will cost $4.50 a piece. Just the part. How they can make all these single board computers where the entire board is priced at $5?

Concerning your board, I would suggest considering the TVS protection diodes rather than caps: part number IP4283CZ10-TBR,115 priced at $0.44 a piece. They used it on BeagleBone Black. Thinking of it, perhaps I will use it rather than the redriver... But it is hard to solder by hand...

Wojtek