[Oberon] PO2013 - SD Image Tool

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 22:33:56 CEST 2020

Small correction to my last post on this topic, which was:

   > The assignment Mod := NIL (in Oberon.Mod) is just to make
   > sure that the garbage collector doesn’t mistakenly use
   > Oberon.Mod as a root of a “graph” to be traversed.

Actually, the garbage collector doesn’t use the pointer variable
Oberon.Mod anyway, because Oberon.Mod < Kernel.heapOrg
(see the code in Kernel.Mark).

=> I.e. it doesn’t really matter whether Oberon.Mod is set to
NIL or not. I guess it’s just good housekeeping practice then..

As for Modules: There is no point of writing M := NIL after the
call to Oberon.Load(“Oberon”, M) as one should never reach
the point after the call to Load - as Jörg has pointed out.