[Oberon] Batch processing of Oberon commands

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 15:06:59 CEST 2020

    > The SR code allows to send several commands to the other side (WHILE) before switching to the receive mode (REPEAT).

 The intended use case is that the WHILE loop sends only one command at a time, with or without parameters, for example:

    ORC.SR 101 ~              # clear the file directory on the target system
    ORC.SR 12 "*.Mod" ~       # list files on the target system matching the specified prefix
    ORC.SR 21 Edit ~          # unload a module on the target system

if one wants to send multiple commands, one should invoke ORC.SR multiple times.

PS: Project Oberon ch.14.2, p.78: "User-friendliness was not attributed any importance at this point, and it would indeed be
luxury. We refrain from elaborating on further details and concentrate on providing a list of commands provided by Oberon0."