[Oberon] Batch processing of Oberon commands

Hellwig Geisse hellwig.geisse at mni.thm.de
Sat Jun 13 15:11:58 CEST 2020

Jörg,

On Sa, 2020-06-13 at 14:09 +0200, Jörg wrote:
> For the first time I’m looking into ORC/Oberon0, as I never used ORC/Oberon0 so far.

first a disclaimer: I use Oberon0, but I've never
used ORC.

> I‘m not quite sure, but I guess there is a fundamental flaw in ORC.SR as Tomas had to insert a
> delay in the WHILE.
>
> The SR code allows to send several commands to the other side (WHILE) before switching to the
> receive mode (REPEAT).
>
> So, when a fast side sends several commands in sequence at highest speed, a very slow other side
> has no chance to fulfill these requests as SR has no handshake in the WHILE.

This seems to be true, but only if you write several
commands in a row before the ending tilde. I'm not
sure that this was the reason that Tomas put in the
delay. I think that this loop should take care of
sending a command together with its parameters.

The discussion with Andreas was only aiming at
transferring a single file (both directions), and
possible overruns within that protocol. I cannot
even see where in the loop a file transfer can be
initiated.

Best,
Hellwig