[Oberon] ftp://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/oberon/System3/Macintosh

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Jun 14 17:50:53 CEST 2020

>From chris at cfbsoftware.com  Sun Jun 14 00:07:00 2020
> https://web.archive.org/web/20061125105032/http://www.oberon.ws/UCI/juice/

JavaScript is widely used.  Although automated interpretation of a
script from a remote server on my computer seems a fundamentally bad
idea. Most commercial entities insist otherwise; financial
institutions included.  Caveat benefactor.

Java on the other hand might be dying a natural death.  Ref.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(programming_language)#Criticism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_(programming_language)#Controversy

Juice is claimed to be preferrable to Java for some purposes.  I
haven't found any prominent current interest.

> https://web.archive.org/web/20061125105032/http://www.oberon.ws/UCI/juice/

Search in archive.org for http://www.oberon.ws/ yields
https://web.archive.org/web/20061128002929/http://www.oberon.ws/systems/
which has links for Bluebottle, Native Oberon, V4 and Plugin ETH
Oberon.  All of those links lead to an instruction "This page is
available on the web!".

Bad links are a good way to discourage interest.  =8~)

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/oberon/System3/ has directories Macintosh,
Native, Windows containing old files of possible interest.

I've pointed the old ftp link in the white paper to that.

Regards,                                ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon