[Oberon] PO2013 - Show Heap Blocks

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Wed Jun 24 08:23:24 CEST 2020

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 08:45:34 +0300
Joerg <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> wrote:

> I‘m still confused
> How can the output above be generated by the given program?

Apologies for the confusion, until now I confused only myself :-)

First line is dynamic, as heap changes, you may spot different
addresses, the second, is an incorrect address dereference, almost
always referring to the same tag of size 20H. (which happens to have
p+8 := 1). That is a used block within 32 list, some other used blocks
may follow, until free mark = -1 is found, or end of list 32 -1 0 is
reached.

This is what I see when peeking around list addresses and NEW blocks. I use Tool.Inspect for that.

Do I get it wrong again?

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>