[Oberon] [slightly off-topic] Produce your own physical chips. For free. In the Open.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 00:47:02 CEST 2020

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 at 19:56, Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz> wrote:

> It would be interesting to have Sinclair QL's big chips reproduced.
> There was some reverse engineering done, by people in the know.
>
> MC68008 can still be sourced.

I really don't see why. It was a horribly compromised design.

There were later machines which ran the same OS that would be more
desirable, and quite probably easier, to clone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CST_Thor#Thor_XVI

http://simon.mooli.org.uk/QL/ThorXVI.html

And there was a later 32-bit clone...

http://www.q40.de/q40.deproducts.html

More recently there is the FPGA-based Q68:

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/q68/index.html

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com