[Oberon] Emulators

Colby Russell oberon at x.colbyrussell.com
Wed Jul 29 17:33:10 CEST 2020

On 7/29/20 12:23 AM, Skulski, Wojciech wrote:
 > I updated the Emulators page of RiskFive.com. Your emulator is now
 > listed.

FWIW, that URL was not meant to have any guarantees of stability. It
was only dumped into a file store because I was unsure how the list
would handle attachments.

I also don't think it should be listed separately.  It was only a
demonstration of how you might take the "Online" emulator written in JS
and repackage it into a single file to work offline, too.  I'm not
actively maintaining this project.

As I understand it, there are features and maybe even bugfixes in
Michael's "upstream" version of this project that are not incorporated
into the "build" that I linked to.

 > Then I started your emulator in Firefox by double clicking on the
 > .html file [...], navigated to the image, and selected by clicking. It
 > displayed Loading... and nothing happened.

Yes, this is the expected outcome.  The file I linked is nothing more
than a build of (an older version of) the project Michael is hosting on
GitHub, augmented to work offline.  I didn't make any modifications that
would give it the ability to emulate the SPI disk controller or
otherwise work with the disks for Peter De Wachter's emulator.  (On the
other hand, I agree that it would be an attractive goal.  I'm not
working on this, however, nor have I really worked on anything
Oberon-related in the last year or so.)

--
Colby Russell