[Oberon] Wanted: Oberon Syntax in TextMate, Sublime Text or Atom Grammar

Colby Russell oberon at x.colbyrussell.com
Tue Aug 11 17:11:08 CEST 2020

On 8/11/20 9:38 AM, Paul Reed wrote:
> With many thanks to Colby and vladfolts, and other valiant
> illuminators of the concepts involved, below is a JSON version of
> their Oberon-07 textmate/vs grammar

NB: Any credit goes to vladfolts (as far as I know) for the grammar
definition, and none to me.

About a week and a half ago, I got an email from a VSCode user asking
about fixing bugs, et cetera.  Here was my response with an open offer
that applies here, too:

"If you're referring to a repo and an open development model, there isn't
one.  This extension never was a serious undertaking; I only created it
because at the time VSCode's lack of syntax highlighting for Oberon
bothered me.  As I wrote in that thread, the heart of the extension is
a copy of the TextMate/Sublime Text grammar from vladfolts's project.
In fact, that's pretty much all it is--the rest is a bunch of VSCode
boilerplate.

"If you or anyone you know wants to take over this extension (or
start your own with the same name and have me de-list this one from the
VSCode gallery), then let me know."

(In fact, I don't even use the extension today, because since the last
time I got a computer, I haven't needed to install it or otherwise even
work with any Oberon source files in VSCode.)

--
Colby Russell