[Oberon] WiFi module survey

D EMARD vordah at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:29:03 CEST 2020

If I can jump in after long inactivity, for example we have
ulx3s to which oberon can work somehow with verilog sdram driver
https://www.crowdsupply.com/radiona/ulx3s
and on stock at Mouser part number

392-CS-ULX3S-03 (board with 85k LUT)
392-CS-ULX3S-01 (board with 12k LUT)

The boards have esp32 wifi and it board is wired so
that a PPP serial link about 1Mbit can be provided from
ESP32 to FPGA core (oberon). But currently this is router-only
without NAT so to reach outside, a tunnel should be used what
is at linux relatively easy to setup.

If you are designing a new board, ESP32 can be connected
with many more lines to FPGA to make it complete RMII interface so
ESP32 will present itself as ethernet PHY RMII connection, same as if
you had a real ethernet RMII wired, but It won't be 100Mbit speed
but about 1-2Mbit in my tests.