[Oberon] [EXT] Student FPGA board

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Sep 30 18:38:27 CEST 2020

Paul:

  there are some interesting examples on the course website. Looking at your handouts, I can see the presentation commands. I was always thinking that Oberon System can be used for presentations PowerPoint. I wonder if Present is serving this role.

Present.Show
Present.ShowPage 12
Present.ShowPage 17

I am not sure is my releasing the RiskZero entitles me to gently suggest releasing the course software as well. I happen to believe that there is never enough such information and examples. The course synopsis SystemBau.Oberon.txt looks like a catalog of software examples which would be good to learn from. The course material repository is also very interesting.

On a related note, I noticed some modules (Users, Core, NetServer, etc) which were discussed in Chapter 11 of PO.Applications.pdf (page 5 and 6, Figure 11.1), but the code is not available. I wonder if these modules can get released? There is no point in hiding them anymore after so many years. Some networking examples from the course synopsis seem to be close. If the originals are not available, then maybe the derivatives?

> Can you also post the pointer to the student coursework which is using
> Oberon?

https://lec.inf.ethz.ch/syscon/2019/

I added this information to Web Resources page on RiskFive.com, the second-to-last item on the Web Resources page.

Thank you,
Wojtek